Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hello I'm a Mac, and You're likely a PC

Yes, it seems 9 out of ten computer users operate Windows PC's*...

Even though I suffered some recent data loss, I'm still proud to be a Mac user. Actually, I'm treating it as a blessing in disguise since I got to upgrade for free (from 1.83 GHz to 2.0 GHz, from combo to super drive, and from white to black...)

However, the best page in the universe** has something else to say...

I'm sure you've seen the Apple ads, and the corresponding parodies (e.g., Christian vs. Christ-follower). I'm in UP now so I can't furnish the link, but if you have time, go to YouTube and search for Mac vs. PC ad parodies. There's one there that has a third player (Linux) referred to as something I'd rather not post here. I'll update this post when I get home later.

______________________
* - estimated statistic
** - thanks to Jem's WTF list

5 comments:

Gaebril said...

lol @ the best page in the universe. I don't agree with all his views, but he really knows how to hit hard. Idol!

I probably wouldn't think about getting a Mac until their marketing stops focusing on how cool you'll be when you get one. I'm anti-cool.

Macs are for cat-persons.

jem said...

HOMIE DON'T RIGHT-CLICK

alekos said...

LOL

Mac's are like you're best friend, they know what you want and need even better than you do.

I don't like my computer to be my best friend, I want my computer to be my SLAVE!! I want it to do the things I want, the way I want, even if it's the hard way to do it.

At least, that's how I feel with my mom's Mac. Somehow, the whole OS X experience just doesn't sit right with me.

But it really does have pretty cool features. (And the uber expensive Mighty mouse dose have right click)

Hannah Grace said...

Surprise. I'm neither. I've been a Linux for a month now and likely to stay as one...unless I get hold of some game I REALLY need to play.

d_wkst_lnk said...

Hannah, go to youtube and look for the video of mac vs pc parodies...

there's one with "Hi I'm Linux"... uber funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-L-0s-7-Z0

haha :D

also, for more parodies...
http://tv.truenuff.com/mac/